List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re[2]: QT 2.1 compile questions
From:       Bob Bernstein <ruptured-duck () home ! com>
Date:       1999-10-28 21:10:05

Yves Arrouye <yves@realnames.com> wrote:

> Are you running Debian?

Yup.

> Unfortunately, when you install the byacc package, it still keeps bison as
> the yacc program (thanks to setting priority of byacc's yacc alternative to
> 90 vs bison's 100, something I consider a bug and should file---but I
> digress).

After installing the byacc deb I didn't see any mention of it in
/etc/alternatives. Mebbe they've changed it.

> So once you have byacc, you need to make sure it is being used, by compiling
> with:
>
> 	make YACC=byacc

The compile is well underway; that seems to have done the trick.

Thanks!

--
Bob Bernstein                http://members.home.net/ruptured-duck
at

"I think it's a bad treaty." Henry Kissinger in The Washington Post, 10/14/99.