List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: Size of 2.0 compared to 1.1.1 ?
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () cramersystems ! com>
Date:       1999-10-28 11:33:18

> > Hopefully using ksycoca for kicker would save quite a lot of memory as
well,
> > but I need
> > some time and thoughts to do that.
> >

> Huh? Kicker uses KSycoca.

Not for the K menu, which shows services ("applications"), that are
already in ksycoca.
kicker/kpanel parse the .desktop files by themselves.
Storing the relative path ("Internet/kppp.kdesktop" for instance) in ksycoca

might speed up and save memory I think - but as I said this needs thinking
first.
I'm not saying it has to be done, yet.

Is the K menu built all at once, or submenu by submenu while browsing
through them ?

--
David Faure
faure@kde.org - KDE developer