List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Size of 2.0 compared to 1.1.1 ?
From:       Kaare Rasmussen <kar () webline ! dk>
Date:       1999-10-28 7:41:37

I just finished reading "KDE 2.0 Technology Overview" and it lightens
some hope for me that KDE 2.0 will not be a vast increase in size
compared to KDE 1.1.1. I'm not talking code base where I obviously hopes
that it will increase manyfold, but rather memory consumption.

What I'm experiencing now is that 64MB of RAM is just as little short
with KDE 1.1.1. Only a few applications can be run at the same time;
it's almost as memory hungry as Windows NT.

Will KDE 2.0 use more, less or the same amount of memory as KDE 1.1.1
(with all other things equal)?