List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdesupport doesn't compile (HEAD)
From:       Evan DiBiase <evand () telerama ! com>
Date:       1999-10-27 20:45:22

On Wed, Oct 27, 1999 at 10:38:59PM +0200, Ewald R. de Wit wrote:
> Alexander Feigl (Alexander.Feigl@gmx.de) wrote:
>
> > /usr/include/readline/readline.h:144: too many arguments to function `char * readline()'
> > isql++.cc:293: at this point in file
> > /usr/include/readline/history.h:67: too many arguments to function `void add_history()'
> > isql++.cc:298: at this point in file
>
> Are you by chance using Redhat? I know that this happens with the
> readline-devel-2.2.1-5 RPM that RH6 and RH6.1 ships with.
>
> What I always do is to remove the prompt argument in line 293
> and the s argument in line 298 of isql++.cc.

Not knowing a whole lot of programming; is this something that is safe to do?
And, assuming it is for all (g)libc users, shouldn't this become part of the
CVS tree?

--
-Evan

PGP/GPG available at: http://www.wplug.org/~evand/evand.key
| After all, what is your hosts' purpose in having a party?  Surely not   |
| for you to enjoy yourself; if that were their sole purpose, they'd have |
| simply sent champagne and women over to your place by taxi.             |
|               -- P. J. O'Rourke                                         |