List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: DOM / IDL
From:       Lars Knoll <knoll () mpi-hd ! mpg ! de>
Date:       1999-10-19 9:00:58

On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, Robert Hagemann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just downloaded the DOM Level Docs from www.w3c.org. (DOM : Document
> Object Model - a unified
> API for dealing with XML docs. )
>
> The W3C decided to publish this API in OMG IDL, so I was tempted to feed
> this stuff into the MICO IDL-Compiler.
>
> But I think. it doesn't make much sense to have all this XML Elements
> potentially spread over the hole network
> as CORBA Objects.
> My questions: Is there a tool, that generates non-CORBA C++ classes from
> IDL Interfaces?
>                             Are there some KDE-related efforts concerning
> DOM (pref. Level-2) ?

I have a script available, which does some DOM to Qt/C++ mapping (it
generates header files and function stubs). If you want it, I could send it to
you. I used it to generate the header files for the khtml DOM stuff.

What we have up to now in khtml is only level one, and still not complete, but
I want to extend it to DOM level 2 at some point.

Have a look at khtml in the HEAD branch, if you're interested in it.

Cheers,
Lars