List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: big *thank you* for the latest developments
From:       Graham TerMarsch <gtermars () home ! com>
Date:       1999-10-18 20:01:38

Mosfet wrote:
> Graham TerMarsch wrote:
> >.. list of kicker applets he's working on...
>
> Sounds cool. Matthias is reworking the applet code currently to be a little
> more powerful so stay updated with the CVS ;-) Also, the default applets
> (like the clock) will be able to be replaced soon with user defined applets,
> so you might like that also.

I'll keep an eye out on that.  For the moment I'm going to gear things towards
"being functional" first, and then "optimized" second.  I know (and share) the
concerns that people have about how much memory all of this sucks up at any
given point, and will do what I can to try to keep things down to a relatively
dull roar.  And, being that I wouldn't be surprised to see someone as a user
running 6 or 7 applets at a single time (if they were available), it'd be wise
to trim out any unnecessary memory use.

When I've got something ready to throw out and show the world I'll let you all
know; shouldn't be long.

--
Graham TerMarsch

// Don't worry so loud, your roommate can't think.