List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Security hole (or feature ;) in KDE Screensavers
From:       Markus Goetz <guruz () gmx ! de>
Date:       1999-10-16 18:23:30

Hi,

when i use a screen saver to protect my computer while i am away, anybody who
wants to acess my computer needs the password.

But this is really NO PROTECTION ... if i do a startx from tty1, my X11 is on
tty7 .. The one who wants acess to my account when i am away from my desktop
does just have to press CTRL+ALT+F1, then he gets to the X11 Output where i
used startx to start X11... so now he just has to press CTRL+C to kill X11 and
has acess to my account and may type rm -rf $HOME ...

So why the hell is there a password protection in the kde screen savers if it
is useless ???

Markus

--
Page : http://guruz.tsx.org OR http://guruz.cjb.net