List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: Preview and Interaction
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-10-14 23:48:35

#if Dawit Alemayehu
> I do not know how hard it is to do, but the last point ad3) is similar to what
> I thought could be a possible solution for a feedback when apps are started.
> There was a long discussion a while back about this topic a while back.  What
> people did not want to do was what Windows does, which is attempt to give
> feedback through changing the cursor.  But I have several questions regarding
> this.  Can this work when non-kde apps are launched as well ?  How about when
> the user clicks on multiple apps at the same time ?

My idea is simply to create a taskbar entry as soon as an app is started,
with some indication that it is loading.

With dcop we should be able to send a signal to kicker/kpanel to say
that the app has mapped its window, and the taskbar entry can be changed
to reflect this.

As for non-KDE apps, well, who cares ;)

Cheers,
Rik