List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: khelpcenter
From:       Lars Knoll <Lars.Knoll () mpi-hd ! mpg ! de>
Date:       1999-10-14 14:34:19

On Thu, 14 Oct 1999, Bernhard Rosenkraenzer wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Oct 1999, Lars Knoll wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 14 Oct 1999, Bernhard Rosenkraenzer wrote:
> >
> > > Anyone working on this? I've managed to get it to compile, but the result
> > > doesn't work too well. I'm a bit hesitant to commit this patch because I
> > > don't want to break an upcoming better patch from someone else.
> >
> > I thought about converting it to the new khtml, but didn't have the time
> > up to now. What's the problem with your patch?
>
> Simple - doesn't work. ;)

Too bad...

> I'm not very familiar with the khtml stuff (never used it myself), and
> there's not much about the more recent changes in KDE2PORTING either
> (What happened to KHTMLView? Is it just replaced with KHTMLWidget?).

I still have to add the changes to KDE2PORTING.

What happened is the following. The old khtml lib still did the
scrollbar/scrolling management by itself (and unfortunately not very
good). Because of that, we had in the end 3 API classes to the html
library. KHTMLWidget (was a simple widget for displaying khtml, without
frames or scrolling support), KHTMLView, which managed scrolling, frames
for the khtmlwidget, and kbrowser porviding an easy to use interface.

I switched to use QScrollview for the khtml library. This gives us much
better scrolling support, and, as a side effect, we don't need all these
different API classes anymore. I merged them all into KHTMLWidget, which
does now provide the API to the khtml library. But, because of the
merging (and a lot of cleanup I did), many things changed there.

Anyway, I can port khelpcenter to the new khtml lib. It's the last app
which has to be ported (I did so already for kmail, kdewizard and
canossa/konqueror). I don't know if I'll find the time this evening, but
if not, I'll do it tomorrow.

Cheers,
Lars