List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Q: The dimension of UNICODE awareness
From:       Woohyun JANG <louis () mizi ! co ! kr>
Date:       1999-10-14 13:19:37

On Thu, Oct 14, 1999 at 12:49:10PM +0200, Waldo Bastian wrote:
:
: Great. So they basically say the same, do Unicode -> UTF8 and then go
: from UTF8 to URL-encoding.
:
: This means that the URL of a korean filename looks like shit. So I
: think we should distinguish between the "URL encoding according to the
: RFCs" and a "printable URL". In the printable version we can unescape
: everything as long as it remains unambiguous (We should still escape
: ":", "/" , "?" and maybe a few others.)
:
: so we would get e.g.
:    QCString KUrl::url()
: and
:    QString KUrl::printableURL()
:
: Opinions?

Great idea!

It's not illegal, and don't make the URL of a Korean filename look ugly. :)

Regards,
--
Woohyun JANG, louis@mizi.co.kr                        MIZI Research, Inc.