List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: The HEAD branch now requires a new QT
From:       Tobias Burnus <burnus () gmx ! de>
Date:       1999-10-10 7:23:44

Hi David,

> Since canossa requires some stuff that isn't in Qt 2.0.x (namely
> the wonderful QAction, and some other stuff), KDE now needs
> a recent Qt.
> But to prevent the problems we had when we were dependent
> on Qt's CVS a while ago, the following has been decided :
> * until further notice, we'll stick with the current version
> (that is 09/10/1999)
Hopefully we can use a standard (i.e. released) Qt version soon, or do we
require from out users later to use a certain snapshoot? (sorry for being
sarcastic, but I presently spend the most time compiling, because of header
changes (kdelibs) and continuesly changes in the configure files.)
Even if we stick to the current cvs version, someone should ensure that
everything works with a released standard Qt (e.g. 2.1.x) when -let's say - we
release the second KRASH snapshoot.

Tobias