List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: opengl screensavers
From:       Steffen Hansen <stefh () mip ! sdu ! dk>
Date:       1999-10-09 17:53:32

> On Sat, 09 Oct 1999, Andreas Zehender wrote:
> > The OpenGL KDE screensavers are not working for me. They always exit
> > with the error: "GL can not render with root visual".
> >
> > Can someone help?
> > The Qt and mesa OpenGL demos are working!

Maybe your 3D hardware doesn't support the color-depth of the root window?
Try running X in 16bpp.

greetings,
--
Steffen Hansen
email: hansen@dexel.dk, hansen@kde.org

"The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy
way to factor large prime numbers."
	Bill Gates, The Road Ahead, Viking Penguin (1995)