List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Help/Search within controlcenter?
From:       Boris Povazay <boris () jouh ! at>
Date:       1999-10-08 18:39:35

Mark A Roberts wrote:

> Boris Povazay wrote:
> > And how about a reentrant help-window? Does the help always have to
> > popup again when it is already active?
> Sometimes I need 4 different KDE help windows open at once when I'm
> really desparate :-)
> I'm perfectly happy for the default behaviour to be to open another
> window when clicking on the kpanel icon.

It would also be possible to have a split help window (see docking
windows) always at the same position - when using small screens multiple
helpwindows cover the whole visible area without effort...

On the other hand the behavior of the windows should be configurable -
since it always will be faster and more intuitive to have the
information currently needed and not multiple windows.
With the docking aproach there could also be a history, so you can jump
back in a second.

While we are at the subject - how about a drag`n drop help? Clicking on
an icon, button, field etc. and dragging onto the next help button/menu
will unveil the context-specific help... [dream off P-)]

ciao BoP
--
http://www.jouh.at - bp@jouh.at
DI Boris Povazay