List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KDE Standards: QListView
From:       "Wilco Greven" <j.w.greven () student ! utwente ! nl>
Date:       1999-10-03 12:27:33

Is there any need for a standard concerning QListView. It is
a very nice widget, but the things you can do with it without
having to extend it are quite limited. I'm not saying that is
a bad thing here.
However this implies that every developer who extends QListView
will do this in his own way, causing inconsistencies between
applications. IMO it would be a good thing to describe a standard
for some more actions which could be done with the widget (dragging,
more possibilities for selecting items, ...). If necessary we
could make a KListView, although I'm not really sure of this
since the widget it would replace (KTabListBox) has just been
declared obsolete.
One think I would really like to see is to make use of our third
mouse button and not just mimic Windows behaviour.

Greetings,
Wilco