List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE & multithreading
From:       David barth <David.Barth () epfl ! ch>
Date:       1999-10-01 13:20:48

BTW, on the subject of multithreading & KDE :

It appears that QT is not thread safe, and I've not seen a QT package compiled
with -DREENTRANT (I've checked mostly SRPMS specs).

The LinuxThreads FAQ warns that one should at least have all libraries compiled
with this option in order to avoid problems with 'putc' or 'errno'.

Does someone have experience with running QT compiled this way ? Does it break
? We probably also need to recompile the whole KDE and modify the configure
scripts to add this option. Does --enable-threads add a -DREENTRANT flag as
well ?