List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Still fighting with kded + KRootProp
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-09-29 18:35:27

I still can't get kded to work for me.

KRootProp just dies in XInternAtom.

See previous mails for backtrace.

I've added some debug info, and tried passing in the IOR of kded manually:

I wrote the kded IOR to a file and tried:

/x/cvs/kde/pim/corba/kab/client > ./client -kdedior `cat .a`
Using given IOR:01000000...
Getting kded from ior
Trying 01000000...
Failed to get kded from ior - trying from display
Segmentation fault

Ouch.

I'm getting really sick of this - it's been at least 3 days now and I'm
no closer to a solution. I've had no replies to my messages.

Perhaps it's time for me to go on holiday until after KDE2.

Cheers,
Rik