List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KTMainWindow, setCaption, Help menu ...
From:       Troy Engel <tengel () sonic ! net>
Date:       1999-09-29 15:10:12

MadHat wrote:

> Just a question, what about apps that wouldn't have a use for such
> feature?  Would this just be an option (like a flag in calling
> KApplication::makeStdCaption()), or added by default? I would hope the
> former.  This may be a stupid qutestion, but I am just thinking of an
> app I am trying to find time to work on that would have no need for such
> a feature.

It's up to the application developer, not the framework.  I, the coder,
have to implicitly call setModifiedCaption(bool) when my document has
changed.  Most people tracking documents already do this for other
reasons (ie, enable/disable menu entries) so this is yet another
"clue".  If you don't use it, then you simply run the risk of incurring
the wrath of Ra and minions, and be forever damned. :-)

Unless, as Waldo points out, so ****head has it patented in the US. :/
Fooey on them.

-te

--