List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Important : Documentation freezed
From:       Ralf Nolden <Ralf.Nolden () post ! rwth-aachen ! de>
Date:       1999-09-27 12:21:55

Eric Bischoff wrote:

> To all documentation national team leaders, writers and translators :
>
> The whole KDE documentation will be converted from LinuxDoc to DocBook on 2nd
> and 3rd of October.

Hi Eric,

I have gotten this mail and I would like to ask, especially as the
KDevelop documentation is placed completely in the kdevelop modules of
HEAD and KDEVELOP_1_0 if you would be so kind to convert all sgmls as
well for me as I'm going to have an operation this week and am learning
for an important oral exam next week, so my participation is very low at
the moment and I will  miss that day, also don't have any information
how to convert my handbooks myself.

Now, as far as the mentioned information on the KDE Website goes, I have
downloaded the packages (SRPMS) and was a bit confused how to install
them onto my SuSE 6.1 System.  After playing *a lot*, I have found that
I can build rpms out of the source-rpms with rpm --rebuild xxx.src.rpm
as root and then install them with the yast installer, as these are
finished rpms. I'm still compiling but I hope all will turn out well and
I can as well use the new KDE styles and learn docbook for my future
handbooks.

Would be a good idea to change the INSTALL file on the website to html
and add this rebuild info, otherwise it turns out to be really
complicated if you don't know about rpm's at all except that the
binaries can be installed with your installation system...;-)

Bye,

Ralf Nolden
The KDevelop Team