On Sat, 25 Sep 1999, Richard Moore wrote: > > > Espen Sand wrote: > > > > On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, Richard Moore wrote: > > > Espen Sand wrote: > > > > > > > > Every addition is nice. However one thing that I think is really needed by all > > > > drawing applications is undo (and perhaps redo) support. Ok it is perhaps > > > > a rather big task but it is a very valuable feature. At least xpaint has > > > > some undo functionality so perhaps you can borrow some code from there. > > > > > > I would suggest starting with something a little easier! How about > > > improving the area selection/cut and paste code. I would also love > > > to have a crop feature. There is certainly plently of room for > > > improvement in kpaint, so do whatever you feel comfortable with. > > > > > > Rich. > > > > Yes of course. It was just that this issue popped up when the words "kpaint" and > > "development" were mentioned ;) As I said it is a big task and should not be > > dealt with before one really knows the code and structure (inner workings) of > > the program. In order to get this knowledge, implementing the features > > mentioned above is a good method. > > :-) I just wanted to make sure he didn't try this first. I certainly > agree that undo/redo would be a great feature. Well, the command pattern makes it somewhat simple (at least conceptually) to add multilevel undo redo for an app. This was the first thing I worked on for the kodeknight editor, and it went fairly smooth. I have later changed some of the commands to do their tasks smarter, but that is not necessary for a start. If you want to look at working code, you can check out the KodeKnight module, go to dir kk/servers/ked and look in cmd.* and editorcmd.* to see an example. The code using the commands is mostly located in textwnd.cpp. You will not (yet) be able to compile KK - I am working on this right now - but this code is not to blame for this problem, and it should be working quite smooth. -- Bo Thorsen gobo@imada.sdu.dk Lahnsgade 31, st. DK-5000 Odense C Tlf: +45 66 11 83 85