List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Important : Documentation freezed
From:       Greg Lee <lee () hawaii ! edu>
Date:       1999-09-24 18:01:14

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, Eric Bischoff wrote:

> Here are some further details about the documentation format change :

I lost patience some time ago trying to edit those sgml files, so I
translated the manual for kmidi to lyx format (by painful copy-paste-
edit, copy-paste-edit, ...).  It's much nicer now to use Lyx to edit
on, then export to linuxdoc sgml.  Or at least it was.

Doesn't anybody else do this?  What are you going to do after the
big change?  I guess I'll get a more recent version of Lyx, which
I understand now has docbook support, and retranslate back from the
docbook-sgml to Lyx.  (Does Klyx have docbook support?)

If maintaining the documents were less painful, maybe there would
come to be more and better documents.

Greg Lee <lee@Hawaii.edu>