List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KUIAction
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () rikkus ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-09-22 22:29:38

#if Sirtaj Singh Kang
> There's not much point in using it yet, you don't get the chance to
> customize anything on the fly and there is no toolbar builder. I am
> currently working on toolbar DnD from the action config widget but it
> requires a special toolbar. It will only be useful once this is done.

Ok. Bernd suggests that it doesn't support accelerators and stuff - I
had a look at qaction.h and it seems this is intended to do something
similar to KAction.

Do you know anything about QAction ? I'm not keen on starting to use
an as yet undocumented class, when I might anyway end up wanting to
switch to using a (possibly incompatible) KDE version.

This isn't vital - I'm just thinking ahead. I like to find any possible
way to make coding more 'clean' and automated - e.g. I generate some
of my code with shell scripts :)

Currently I'm trying to hack Empath into shape, but I don't want to spend
too much time on the UI as the back end is much more important... but it's
difficult to test without a UI working... Using something like KAction should
make it easier to shuffle the UI around at will.

Do you want any help with it (Taj) ?

Cheers,
Rik