List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Changes in kapp
From:       Espen Sand <espen.sand () neo ! no>
Date:       1999-09-22 14:47:42

On ons, 22 sep 1999, Alex Zepeda wrote:
>On Mon, 20 Sep 1999, Espen Sand wrote:
>
>> hmm.. One would then have to reimplement the QWidget::setCaption() right?
>> It must work for every dialog/widget, not just the top level window. I don't
>> think this is a task for us, but TT instead.
>
>Yes.  But if we already have a KDialog class (or will soon) nearly
>eveyrthing will be covered, no?  Thus a simple KBaseWidget class might
>suffice.

Of course. The extended DialogBase widget will reimplement setCaption() but it
is difficult to make sure everybody uses it. (anyway it is equally difficult to
make sure the makeStdCaption() is used as well ;) btw I would like to see a
KDialog widget that provides marginHint() and spacingHint() methods , a
reminplemented setCaption() but no action buttons. Then I can subclass
DialogBase from KDialog (DialogBase has it own buttons - a lot of them).

--
Espen Sand