List:       kde-devel
Subject:    ANNOUNCE: khexedit 0.8.4 is ready for download
From:       Espen Sand <espen.sand () neo ! no>
Date:       1999-09-20 7:29:47

As usual, khexedit can be downloaded from http://home.sol.no/~espensa/khexedit/
I will upload to ftp.kde.org, but it may take some time before it becomes
available there. The Qt-2x/KDE-2 based version is already in the CVS.

On the homepage, I have three versions: a "kde1" version, a "kde2" version and
a (larger filesize) version with both included.

I have made a screenshot of the new color capabilities of the editor.
This screenshot is just for illustration, and I think using colors with less
contrast can be quite useful (the grid line can be turned of)
http://home.sol.no/~espensa/khexedit/screenshot1/editor_color.gif

ChangeLog:

1999-09-19 -- Espen Sand <espensa@online.no>
* 0.8.4 - Bugfixes and new features
* New feature: Statistics dialog. At the moment it displays
character count and percent.
* New feature: A small selection size dialog. Displays the selection
size in bytes (decimal and hexadecimal)
* New feature: Step to next or previous open file in document list
with Alt-RightArrow or Alt-LeftArrow
* New feature: "index.html" will point to the generated toc page in
HTML export directory (optional - selected from the export dialog box)
* New feature: A grid can be drawn in the editor.
* New feature: More colors in the editor. Even and odd lines can have
different colors.
* New feature: The Stringlist dialog will show a message when the data
int the editor has been changed.
* Change: HTML navigator shows "Generated by khexedit" instead of "Made by
khexedit"
* Change: "General preferences" dialog box renamed to "Customize"
* Change: "New layout in the "Colors" page of the "Customize" dialog box.
* Bugfix: Search/replace wrap confirmation is now disabled
as chosen in the preference dialog box.
* Bugfix: Redrawing error that appeared if horizontal scrollbar
was visible and scrollbar was moved to right.

--
Espen Sand