List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: CORBA on kde-core-devel
From:       Lotzi Boloni <boloni () cs ! purdue ! edu>
Date:       1999-09-17 19:56:14

> I'm not too versed on exceptions, but you can have one super-outer
> exception catch like this:
>
> try
> {
> 	app.exec();
> }
> catch () ...
>
> If there was a way to see from where the exception is coming, this would
> be enough to implement a first attempt and then refine over time. But
> there isn't a way to see that, right?

  Yes, but capturing the exception at that level is not really useful,
because at that moment your whole application already is dead. I have
a try/catch like that in Bond, but it made more problems than it
solved... One thing is that you have to catch everything separately
there, otherwise it may hide some errors. The behavior we would like is
that if the embedded chart server dies, let's say, then we have a blank
rectangle in KWord, and that should be handled locally (but probably only
once for any kind of embedded stuff).

          Lotzi