On Fri, 17 Sep 1999, Lotzi Boloni wrote: > > > On the other hand, calling a function without catching any possible exceptions > > > (in the CORBA way of doing things) is also plain stupid. Catching exceptions, > > > even when it does implie a lot of work, at least gives you a chance to > > > gracefully respond to such errors. > > > > Of course one (ugly) way to do it is wait on bug reports, ask for > > tracebacks and *then* catch the exceptions. > > > > I'd bet 90% of the exceptions that actually happen would get caught after > > a few months in beta :-) > > One of the things you can do in those exception handlers is to bring up > a dialog box, and enable to send a mail. A funny automatic processing > stuff would be to count the number of exceptions per function calls and > then disable those try-s which never sent an exception in the beta > process. Hmm... I'm not too versed on exceptions, but you can have one super-outer exception catch like this: try { app.exec(); } catch () ... If there was a way to see from where the exception is coming, this would be enough to implement a first attempt and then refine over time. But there isn't a way to see that, right? ("\''/").__..-''"`-. . Roberto Alsina `9_ 9 ) `-. ( ).`-._.`) ralsina@unl.edu.ar (_Y_.)' ._ ) `._`. " -.-' Centro de Telematica _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.' Universidad Nacional del Litoral (l)-'' ((i).' ((!.' Santa Fe - Argentina KDE Developer (MFCH) Not mad, but bound more than a madman is (Romeo and Juliet, Act I Scene II)