List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: CORBA on kde-core-devel
From:       Lotzi Boloni <boloni () cs ! purdue ! edu>
Date:       1999-09-17 19:39:44

> > On the other hand, calling a function without catching any possible exceptions
> > (in the CORBA way of doing things) is also plain stupid. Catching exceptions,
> > even when it does implie a lot of work, at least gives you a chance to
> > gracefully respond to such errors.
>
> Of course one (ugly) way to do it is wait on bug reports, ask for
> tracebacks and *then* catch the exceptions.
>
> I'd bet 90% of the exceptions that actually happen would get caught after
> a few months in beta :-)

  One of the things you can do in those exception handlers is to bring up
a dialog box, and enable to send a mail. A funny automatic processing
stuff would be to count the number of exceptions per function calls and
then disable those try-s which never sent an exception in the beta
process. Hmm...

           Lotzi