List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Show-anything widget
From:       Simon Hausmann <shaus () uermel ! med ! Uni-Magdeburg ! DE>
Date:       1999-09-17 13:49:00

Hmm, this topic reminds me of something related:

We definitely need to find a solution to the current CORBA issue *now*,
as such a widget (as a part) requires the hosting app to use OPMainWindow,
which again requires that the main widget of the app is a full-fledged
part, too, which again requires that the developer needs to know about
OpenParts. (in short words: if you want to embed a part, then the
embedding app has to be a full-fledged OpenParts Application)

And if we are going to change the component environment, then
we should do (read:finalize,finish) it ASAP, as more and more people dive
into this technology now.

I personally consider the KOM/OP API to be stable, but the backend for
accessing such objects will change, and developers will probably not like
it, if they learn the current framework and well them a month later that
we dropped CORBA ;-)

...just some random thoughts... :-)

Greetings,
 Simon