List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: more on KDE keybinding standard
From:       Gernot Bauer <Gernot.Bauer () jk ! uni-linz ! ac ! at>
Date:       1999-09-14 11:05:44

Stefan Taferner wrote:

> > > Quit/Ctrl-Q.
> > >
> > > I would like either!
> > > Seems like it was decided by someone and I missed the discussion.
> > > But Espen Sand had sent me this note:

> > > <MSG>
> > > It's now Ctrl-E to terminate an app.
> > > And closing a window with Ctrl-W is gone.
> > > </MSG>
> >
> > > I think I saw it on
> > > http://www.esh.uni-linz.ac.at/~mother/hci/keys/shortcuts.html
> > > also but it is not there any more. I may be wrong here.
>
> It might be that the server is not always 24/7 up.
>
> > Well... this URL is still a draft and open for discussion. If I understood
> > Stefan correctly his remark was an observation about this draft, not
> > a decision.
>
> Yes, it is a draft.
>
> Hopefully a discussion in wider audience will help to clean up some
> of the -- IMO -- not so good designs that are in the draft.

As I talked to Peter - one of the guys behind the kde-standards -
yesterday, they are happy for any input given. Although our opinions
drift away in certain points, they (he) seem to be very open to new
ideas/modifications. There only seems to be a problem with people
criticizing the "standard" and not telling what should be changed...

But Steve, as you wrote, discussion in "wider audience" will be a good
solution - it always has been...

Gery