List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: ALWAYS FREE?
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       1999-09-12 10:19:12

On Sun, 12 Sep 1999, mao wrote:

>     I donīt know if itīs off-toppic (if it is, please sorry), but I
> have some questions about the rights over the softwares:

Yes it is. There's the kde-license list or somesuch for this kind of
thing.

>     I know that if I use the qt proffesional edition I can release my
> softwares as commercial or shareware version and if I use the qt free
> edition I must to release it as free and open source.
>
>     When I use the libraries of KDE to develop an application with the
> qt professional edition can I release my software as commercial or
> shareware or do I must to release it as free and open source too?

The KDE libraries are under the LGPL. As long as you link to them
dynamically, they impose no aditional restriction in your own code.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
Not mad, but bound more than a madman is (Romeo and Juliet, Act I Scene II)