List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Howto name types and variables and members
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () rikkus ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-09-12 12:06:06

#if Bavo De Ridder
> Fields -> $myVar
>
> C++ accepts the '$' and at our univeristy the '$' is the standard for field
> variables.
>
> The method may seem strange but I can assure you that after a few days
> programming with this style you will start liking it.

For someone who used to program in BBC BASIC (on the Acorn BBC Micro), this
would be like going back in time. '$' used to represent a string, though,
so to this day I call '$' 'string' rather than 'dollar'.

Perhaps I should start using '$' as a prefix for strings. That would confuse
other developers :)

Cheers,
Rik