List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KControl and keyboard focus
From:       "Carlo Robazza" <carlor () corel ! com>
Date:       1999-09-08 19:45:21

Hi there,

I am working on making some changes to KControl based on 1.1 code and
I'm having some trouble with the keyboard focus. Here's what's
happening:

When there are no modules started up, you can use the keyboard to
traverse the list of modules available and select one with the carriage
return. However, once there is a module up and running, you can not use
the keyboard on the list of modules until there are no more modules
running. After the last module is closed, you can then use the keyboard
on the list again.

One of my thoughts was to somehow change the focus to the KControl app
when you click somewhere in the list table (sort of bringing KControl to
the foreground) but I don't know if that is possible.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Carlo.
Corel.

P.S. Sorry if I'm not using the correct technical terms but I think you
get the picture.