List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Please check: new KDE Standards web site
From:       Herwin Jan Steehouwer <herwinjs () palet ! nl>
Date:       1999-09-08 16:25:20

On Wed, 8 Sep 1999, Stephan Kulow wrote:

> > The only problem is that this doesn't work ;(
> > Open two instances of kedit. Now change some settings
> > in instance A. Change some settings in instance B.
> > Log out from the session manager and log back in.
> > Two instances are restarted. Quiz question: Which
> > settings do they use? :-)
>
> They should use different versions - the session managment
> _should_ give them different config files. Unfortunatly
> most applications don't implement it that way.

is there documentation how to do that ???

btw how can i make shure a person only start a programm 1 time ??
like KXicq ? 2 times will give strange problems with the ICQ server...

tanx

HJ

> Greetings, Stephan
>
> --
> KDEDIR is dead, long lives KDEDIRS - the winner takes it all

Herwin Jan Steehouwer
  herwinjs@palet.nl                  KXicq: http://www.kxicq.org
  steehouwer@kde.org              KDE developer: http://www.kde.org