List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE-1.1.2: Comments on all-new Wallpapers
From:       Mosfet <mosfet () jorsm ! com>
Date:       1999-09-07 12:03:10

Okay, I have had enough of this crap. This thread simply started as a comment
about a stupid wallpaper that might make for bad PR in the states, and you all
have turned it into an anti-US flamefest with such endearing quotes as:

"Drugs are the things people take to forget they live in the USA! ;)"

and

"You amaze me people. Perhaps we should make a US version of KDE."Hmm, you
want Linux? Does it come with any pictures of plants?""

and

"Sorry, but perhaps we should replace it with a 2image showing a machine gun and
release a US version as somebody already suggested."

and

" Will that also hurt some delicate minds? Especially over in the States?"

As well as several other flames directed at people's country of origin by
primary KDE developers and representitives. This fucking sickens me. Nobody was
saying such things about your countries yet you all felt the need to totally
flame the US and alienate most (everyone except Alex?) US people on kde-devel
over a damn wallpaper. Really smart guys, this really helps us all out. Nobody
wanted to censor KDE or make a anti-drug statement, hell I am a liberal
democrat and I *have* inhaled before (although it made me light headed and I
didn't like it). But I do recognize that some people in my country are very
anti-drug and it can cause bad PR, which is bad for KDE. Since it was such a
stupid and silly thing I thought it should be removed. Now thanks to you guys
it has turned into the bashing of an entire country.

I thought this was an international effort. This thread, in all it silliness,
has shown that there is very little respect for people within my native land
here. If that is the case then fine, but I don't know what the hell myself or
any other people from my country are doing trying to help the project. If not I
think apologies are in order. I *never* would of attacked people's homeland
like several prominent people have done here and it makes me sick. I wouldn't
have posted this to a public list since usually I have more respect and tact
than this, but since those two qualities no longer seem a requirement I figured
that was not important anymore.

mosfet@mandrakesoft.com
mosfet@kde.org
mosfet@jorsm.com