List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE-1.1.2: Comments on all-new Wallpapers
From:       Mosfet <mosfet () jorsm ! com>
Date:       1999-09-06 14:34:11

On Mon, 06 Sep 1999, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Sep 1999, Espen Sand wrote:

> > >You bet? I'm afraid you'd loose. maple leafs are way rounder. But this
> > >is
> > >off topic
> > >

> > Off topic or not. Such images can quickly turn into in bad pr. It is far
> > easier to remove the image now than to recover from such attacks/rumors
> > later.
>
> Imagine that you get caught for drunk driving. That would be bad PR for KDE.
> "Look what a bad example these KDE developers are!" So to prevent this bad
> KDE PR it would be better if you stop working for KDE now just in case.

Would you advocate someone putting a jpeg of someone drinking Jack Daniels
while driving in kdebase? We are not showing someone smoking a doobie so it's
not really the same thing, but I just fail to see why we should include a
picture of pot if it is likely to cause issues (and it will). It *does* come
across as an endorsement, and there is no reason to be doing such a thing IMHO.

mosfet@mandrakesoft.com
mosfet@kde.org
mosfet@jorsm.com