Hi Duncan, > > Sorry, I only wanted to tell you that I strongly dislike your > > =B4solution=B4. > -- Sorry for the *annoying* CAPITALIZATIONS in my earlier posting. (Wince) :( :) > Well the other solution is to add the "tiny" icon option to kcmdisplay, > at least for the kpanel icons. But this seemed to involve too > much hacking!. But that would have been the much more transparent solution IMO...... > Actually, the other "inconsistencies" you mention are not really there; > the duplicate desktop name button is already gone from kcmdisplay, Ha! you got me: I still run a patched copy of KDE 1.1.1 on my laptop ... > and the widget color doesnt clash with desktop wallpaper color! On the strange: why do I get the entry ´Background´ when I click onto the Background in the ´Preview´ which does not refer to the Background but to the Widget-background ...? That´s not the way it should work ... > whole, KDE is now very consistent. consistency is not done by having only one entry everywhere only .... > The panel icons really behave quite differently from the kfm icons anyway. They > control the panel size, and the most useful choice is normal vs. tiny, as without > a very large display (or very few panel icons), the large one don't really fit on the panel. I use the large -icons on my laptop (1024x768) and I already know several people who use it under the same screen-resolution :-). But you´re right : Most people will use it for res. >= 1280x1024 > They also change size immediately, while KDE has to be restarted for the others to > change. IMHO its not so bad to configure them separately (and maybe move the A kfm-restart will do the trick, too .... > panel configuration from Settings->Applications->Panel to > Settings->Desktop->panel), but I see you have strong feelings on this. Because I´m quite sure that most people out there are not aware of this difference. That´s why I am strongly against this patch: People think different: Some would expect to change the iconsize by changing the panel-size others would expect to change the icon-size at the same location where they change the icon-size of kfm. I *know* that we will have an FAQ: ´Where can I configure the icon-size of the panel?´ on the kde-ml and on the kde-newsgroups if we would apply your patch. Torsten