List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [Re: Magellan?!]
From:       Teodor Mihai <teddy () storm ! ie>
Date:       1999-09-01 17:55:20

Avus wrote:

> [replying privately:]
>
> That really sounds amazing!!
>
> Threading? The backend, I suppose. Or has Qt 2 become thread-safe
> mysteriouslly?

No, Qt is not thread-safe, but there are lovely workarounds.

> Well, html can be done as a widget, maybe offering the favorite editor
> would
> be nice (kvi component :-)

Yes, a browser component could be really useful - so that you'll have
your yahoo account in Magellan as well.

> Will there be a BETA release in the not-so-distant future? Maybe a bit of
> bazaar development style would be increasing devel speed.
> (BTW, are you developing it for a company or for your own pleasure - or
> both?)

Initially it was thought to be developed for personal use, with very few
features. A kind of "learning how to use Qt". As the project became
bigger and written documentation came in handy to even read the config
file, we decided it might be worth to make it public.
No bazaar development, however. At least not one with me included.

> >> I don't want you to violate any NDAs, it looks just way too interesting
> >> stay quiet ;-)
> >There are no NDAs that I'm aware of, and I'm the project leader ;)
>
> Good. So could I get hold of some exclusive, undisclosed, paparazzi
> screenshots of the current version <drool> ...
> I'd love to place it on my KDE NEws Forum site
> http://129.132.185.106/Zope/kdeforum

Yes, I'll make a few screenshots, in a couple of weeks, if that's okay.
I need them anyway for the project website.

> Cheers
>
> Avus

Regards,
 teddy