List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Magellan?!
From:       Teodor Mihai <teddy () storm ! ie>
Date:       1999-09-01 15:44:53

Kurt Granroth wrote:

> ian geiser wrote:
> > I was lurking on ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/Incomming/Attic and found
> > screen shots of this program Magellan.
> >
> > Are these concept screenshots, KDE2 or just wishfull thinking?
>
> A few months ago, those screenshots were a big deal on this list.
> Magellan is supposed to be a pretty slick "Outlook-like" mail and/or
> news program.  Looks nice, eh?

No news support, sorry. Only mail (account-based, both POP3 and
IMAP4rev1), contacts (inc. groups) (vCard), sticky notes, tasks,
scheduler (iCalendar), todo lists, journal and a few other things.

> Well, there was no source offered then and there has not been any
> source offered since.  It's vaporware as far as I'm concerned...
> --
> Kurt Granroth            | granroth@kde.org
> KDE Developer/Evangelist | http://www.pobox.com/~kurt_granroth
>          KDE -- Putting a Friendly Face on Linux

Magellan is in *very* active development, and we expect a first
fully-featured release in November.

Regards,
 teddy