List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [Re: Looking for cofounders for new site]
From:       Avus <avvus () netscape ! net>
Date:       1999-09-01 12:23:20

Hetz Ben Hamo <hetz@cobol2java.com> wrote:
> But it's stolen (the idea and the design) from slashdot..
>I think you should come up with something ORIGINAL..

Oops, and I thought I might have seen it somewhere :-)

But seriously, Slashdot is not the first and will not be the last
weblog/newsticker site. Writing comments to news articles isn't that
revolutionary...
And besides that, the KDE Forum, while following the same principle, has a
quite different technology and layout.

LAYOUT:
* Conforms to KDE 'community' identity: the same strange cocours as kde.org
and developer.kde.org; Boxes are on the left, similar to the other KDE sites
* Different logos

TECHNOLOGY:
* Python instead of Perl
* Zope app server instead of messy (IMHO Perl is messy :-) scripts
* Object database instead of relational SQL backend

And then, of course it's just version 0.0.0.1, and a lot of ideas remain to be
realized (horizontal interview boxes etc..)

Coolo:
> This poll is simply bullshit. Sorry, but I voted as test about 8 times.

That's why I said "Happy cheating" in my first mail ;-)
Anyway, we already said it's not decidid by majority vote but based on real
arguments. And IP registering is just being implemented...

Avus