On Tue, 31 Aug 1999, Troy Engel wrote: > pbrown@redhat.com wrote: > > > > We will of course be making 1.(1.)2 packages available for Red Hat Linux > > 6.0. > > I'm sure you're reading the other thread. So, can you give us the > outline Redhat plans on taking, so we can attempt to work together? Any > chance Redhat would defer to Duncan's rpm packages to stop a packaging > fragment from happening? He is indicating that the install-script is > pretty beefy, so perhaps that piece of the puzzle could solve problems? > Sure. 1. We intend to continue to maintain compatibility with the FHS, but will be moving the includes out of /usr/include directly to /usr/include/kde, and /usr/share directly to /usr/share/kde as allowed by the FHS, and as Stephan Kulow's debian packages are doing. 2. I am perfectly willing to get together with Duncan and anyone else who wants to make sure that things are compatible. But I *cannot* violate Red Hat policy, and one of those policies is to be FHS where at all possible. Stephan is currently (or was the last time I talked) using this configuration: kde_htmldir=/usr/doc/kde/HTML \ kde_appsdir=/usr/share/applnk \ kde_icondir=/usr/share/icons \ kde_sounddir=/usr/share/sounds \ kde_datadir=/usr/share/apps \ kde_locale=/usr/share/locale \ kde_cgidir=/usr/lib/cgi-bin \ kde_confdir=/etc/kde \ kde_mimedir=/usr/share/mimelnk \ kde_toolbardir=/usr/share/toolbar \ kde_wallpaperdir=/usr/share/wallpapers \ kde_bindir=/usr/bin \ kde_partsdir=/usr/lib/parts This is probably what I will go with. Discussion is welcome of course, but this seems to be a compliant scheme that also works well. --- Preston Brown Systems Engineer pbrown@redhat.com Red Hat, Inc.