Well, that had more to do with it breaking QTDIR and a lot of Qt apps, but sticking it in there anyways before fixing it ;-) On Tue, 31 Aug 1999, Kurt Granroth wrote: > nbecker@fred.net wrote: > > I don't have a copy of FHS in front of me, but IIRC it calls for a > > really *large* package, like kde, to not be dumped into /usr/.... Am > > I wrong? > > This was discussed ad nauseum in qt-interest a few months ago. If you > really want to get a full-featured debate, check out the archives > there. > > The short answer is that the FHS (or LSB) mandates that all SYSTEM > packages -- defined as "any package that is included in the base > distribution -- shall be installed in /usr. All large THIRD PARTY > packages go in /opt. All other packages go in /usr/local > -- > Kurt Granroth | granroth@kde.org > KDE Developer/Evangelist | http://www.pobox.com/~kurt_granroth > KDE -- Putting a Friendly Face on Linux -- Daniel M. Duley - Unix developer & sys admin. mosfet@mandrakesoft.com mosfet@kde.org mosfet@jorsm.com