List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Redhat kde package config
From:       nbecker () fred ! net
Date:       1999-08-31 14:33:48

I was really disappointed to find that RH6.0 built kde with
--prefix=/usr.  Instead of organizing kde under /opt, everything is in
/usr/bin, /usr/lib, etc.

Incidentally, this causes kde to add -I/usr/include, which is
dangerous on platforms using gcc where gcc is not the native compiler.

In any case, has there been any discussion of this choice with the kde
devel community?