List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Compatibility [ Was:Re: Is there a need vor a FREE isdn4linux frontend for KDE?]
From:       Uwe Thiem <uwe () uwix ! alt ! na>
Date:       1999-08-31 14:01:32

On Tue, 31 Aug 1999, Harri Porten wrote:

> Stephan Kulow wrote:
> >
> > Alexander Feigl wrote:

> > > The "no source code" is most annoying. I don't want to install another kde/qt
> > > libs tree just because of linker problems. KDE_1_1_BRANCH and HEAD is
> > > enough.
> > Hmm, this is a compiler problem, not? The 1.1 branch should be binary
> > compatible.
>
> Did anyone ever really test the compatibility ? What's the best way of
> doing that btw ? Comparing the output of nm ?

I did, well sort of. Installed 1.1.2pre3 and ran a couple of apps linked
against kdelib-1.1.1. No problems.

Uwe

Uwe Thiem                                        Tel: +264 - 061 - 244511
P.O.Box 30955                                    Fax: +264 - 061 - 244511
Windhoek                                         Email:   uwe@uwix.alt.na
Republic of Namibia                                           uwe@kde.org
                                                       http://www.kde.org