List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE1.1.2/KFM bug
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () earthlink ! net>
Date:       1999-08-31 1:18:48

On Mon, 30 Aug 1999, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> Clicking on a link to a GIF/JPEG image in a HTML page shows the image
> as "text" instead of opening it in an image viewer. The RMB menu does
> show the option "Image Viewer". (And selecting it loads it indeed in the
> image viewer)
>
> See for example:
>
> http://www.datacomm.ch/x10/bordervalley/art.htm
>
> And click on one of the dogs.

Ummmm ... this is wierd.  kfm complains that these jpeg images are corrupted
because they end prematurely (no EOF).  On the console it outputs the following
each time you click on one of those images

warning : premature EOF of file.
Corrupt JPEG data : premature end of data segement.

However, the image viewer does not have any problems with loading the images.
As challanging as it looks I do not have time to look into this.  I am still working
on the Cookie problem ...

Regards,
Dawit A.