List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: New KDE Dock Applet
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       1999-08-30 14:52:25

On Mon, 30 Aug 1999, ian geiser wrote:

> > Oh, just what I needed.  I too have a couple applets
> > I've thrown
> > together, not working completely yet though.  I was
> > just starting to
> > implement downloading stuff from web pages, so this
> > will hopefully make
> > that easier to learn. :)
>
> 	i am cheating in the way that i am using KFM
> 	to download the file.  KFM is damn nice for an
> 	api but i guess the ease of programing makes
> 	for a lack of features.
>
> 	if anyone on the list can direct an easy yet
> 	stable way to transfer files less painfully
> 	than KSocket please post it.  The main problem
> 	i have with KFM is it brings a window to the
> 	front of the screen. This is a real hassel
> 	when one is TRYING to play XEvil :P

Well, KDE 2 fixes that.
Simple way to download a file from the web... how about

system ("lynx -save http://whatever.com")

Not really correct, but it should work.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
Not mad, but bound more than a madman is (Romeo and Juliet, Act I Scene II)