List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Next release called 1.2?
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () total ! net>
Date:       1999-08-24 6:37:52

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Aug 1999, Steve Hutton wrote:
>
> > The kde-pr team is strongly in favor of calling
> > the next release 1.2, as Torsten suggested earlier,
> > instead of 1.1.2.
>
> I don't thinks this would be a good idea. It would sound like
> a cheap shot at the gnomes, which want to call their next beta
> 1.2. Better stay on the stable side of life :-)

I think this is a good thought. I nevertheless think this release will be
more than a micro release (this is what the third release number slot
represents, not? 1.1.2 = major 1. minor 1. micro 2.). What about trying to
refer to it more with "the Kolor release" instead of "the 1.1.2 release".

Cristian