List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Why is no one posting to Freshmeat?
From:       John Corey <whoop () mtco ! com>
Date:       1999-08-27 15:41:56

Mosfet wrote:

> Well of course some people do ;-) But look at all the announcements that just
> went through the mailing lists and compare that to the Freshmeat posts... Most
> Linux users are not subscribed to kde-announce ;-)

For what it's worth, putting your app on Freshmeat does get you
noticed.  Late last year I put a few notices for my app, and that first
day got something like 3000 downloads. I haven't touched it since
November, and there's still like 700-1000 people getting it every
month.  So it is worth it to list it there.  I suppose LinuxBerg as
well.