List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Why is no one posting to Freshmeat?
From:       Mosfet <mosfet () jorsm ! com>
Date:       1999-08-27 2:54:54

Something I have noticed for a long time is that it does not seem many of the
KDE coders out there post their applications on Freshmeat. There are a ton of
new releases of KDE applications, but they just go onto the ftp site and are
not announced elsewhere. IMHO this is a waste, since many, many Linux users
only use places like Freshmeat to learn about new applications.

So app developers, when you write new applications for KDE1.x or make new
releases you may really want to announce them at www.freshmeat.net. They will
get much more visibility. And no, I do not work for Freshmeat or Andover, I am
just kindof bummed that I never see most of the KDE stuff there ;-)

mosfet@mandrakesoft.com
mosfet@kde.org
mosfet@jorsm.com