List:       kde-devel
Subject:    how to embed stuff in Konqueror
From:       Simon Hausmann <tronical () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-08-26 13:57:53

Hi,

Everybody knows it: Konqueror can seamlessly embed/integrate "plugins"
to display any kind of data, using CORBA and the KOM/OpenParts framework.

Only few people know: ...how to do this actually

In hope to simplify this task and in hope that we will get more
applications embedding itself into Konqueror, I wrote some documentation
about how to write a "view plugin" .

You can find it in kdebase/konqueror (where else ;)

KView also acts as example, as it implements the necessary Browser::View
interface and therefore embeds itself into Konqueror when attempting to
open an URL pointing to an image :-)

Greetings,
 Simon