List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kwrite improvements
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       1999-08-26 7:21:41

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999, Espen Sand wrote:

> On tor, 26 aug 1999, John Corey wrote:
> >
> >Hmm, is there anything that can do multiple rows of tabs?  KcmInfo is
> >terribly wide with all the tabs it covers.
> >

> Isn't multiple tab rows considrered a BIG NO NO by (almost) all gui
> wizzards/users? There are almost always possible to do something different when
> one need a lot of tabs. A treeview may be a good candidate. The standalone
> version of  KcmInfo (outside the control center) should perhaps use that
> instead.

Yes, multirow tabs suck. I always get dizzy by the way they jump around in
windows :-)

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
Not mad, but bound more than a madman is (Romeo and Juliet, Act I Scene II)