List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: I'm back - test this fix please...
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () earthlink ! net>
Date:       1999-08-24 22:04:34

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Pietro Iglio wrote:
> At 10.30 24/08/99 -0400, you wrote:
> >Greetings,
> >
> >On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> >> The patch is ok and I would certainly apply it but I don't see how this
> >> could have caused the "Malformed URL".
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Waldo
> >
> >I know why.  We had a similar bug report in kfm.  The problem was that KURL
> >never cleaned the path if you entered a local URL w/o the protocol i.e
> >"file:/".  So in this case the double ("//") slashes before "kdisknav" was
> not

What do you mean by "not" ? In the patch you posted there is  a double slash
with the old code right ?  Ummm ...maybe I should have said "I think I know
why"...

-  proc << "kfmclient folder " + KApplication::kde_datadir() + "/" + "/kdisknav";
+  proc << "kfmclient folder " + KApplication::kde_datadir() + "/kdisknav";

> >cleaned up.  I have already fixed this in KURL as it was a one liner, add
> >cleanPath(), before storing URLs that begin with "/".  So the patch is not
> >really necessary since the issue is resolved several days ago in CVS...

> OK. This means that I'll commit the patch AFTER 1.1.2 has been frozen.

Well as Waldo suggested, it is better that you apply the patch as it looks
harmless. Hey, it is always better to be safe than sorry...

Cheers,
Dawit A.